- Managers Manual (Updated 2021 Manual coming soon)
- Roster Labels (Word) (2" by 4" labels)
- Roster & Parents Names Wallet Card (Excel)
- (Novice) Goalie Rotation Form - Mandatory (PDF)
- Jersey Care Guidelines
- Team Bank Accounts FAQ
- Hockey Calgary Game Play Guidelines
Refund Request Form: For players of all age groups
Time clock manuals
- Time Clock - Operation Manual
- Hockey Calgary Bulletins
- Hockey Calgary Resources for Team managers - Coming Soon
- Hockey Canada Injury Report Form
(This is link to Hockey Calgary to access the pdf Injury Report Form. In the event of an injury, a Hockey Canada Injury Report must be completed and forwarded to Hockey Alberta by the parent. A copy of this report should also be submitted to the MHA Administrator.)
- Tournament Board - Schedule & Standings (4-Teams): This file can be edited & printed in a very large poster format. Just enter the Dates/Times & team logos as required. Save the file & print to put up on the wall at the arena.
- Tournament Board - Schedule & Standings (6-Teams): This file can be edited & printed in a very large poster format. Just enter the Dates/Times & team logos as required. Save the file & print to put up on the wall at the arena.
- Tournament Program (4-teams): Edit the Rosters & Schedule info as required.
- Tournament Program (6-teams): Edit the Rosters & Schedule info as required.
- Tournament Dressing Room Door Signs: Always a nice touch... Update this file with your team & tournament logos. Then Laminate to put on the dressing room doors before each game.
- Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission: This is a link to AGLC website for information on obtaining licenses and the guidelines for hosting team fundraising raffles.
Tournament Information Managers
TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE 2019-20 SEASON
|Novice 1||Feb 28-Mar 1||6 team round-robin *email@example.com|
|Novice 2||Feb 28-Mar 1||6 team round-robin *firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Novice 3||Mar 6-8||6 team round-robin *email@example.com|
|Novice 4||Mar 6-8||6 team round-robin *firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Atom 1||Sept 27-29||4 team email@example.com|
|Atom 2||Sept 27-29||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Atom 3||Sept 28-29||4 team email@example.com|
|Atom 4||Oct 4-6||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Atom 5||Oct 4-6||4 team email@example.com|
|Atom 6||Oct 5-6||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Atom 7||Oct 19-20||4 team email@example.com|
|PWAA||Oct 19-20||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|PW1||Oct 18-20||4 team email@example.com|
|PW2||Oct 12-13||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|PW3||Oct 13-14||4 team email@example.com|
|PW4||Oct 13-14||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|PW5||Oct 11-13||4 team email@example.com|
|PW6||Oct 11-13||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bantam1||Dec 14-15||4 team email@example.com|
|Bantam2||Oct 18-20||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bantam3||Oct 11-13||4 team email@example.com|
|Bantam4||Oct 18-20||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bantam5||Dec 21-22||4 team email@example.com|
|Bantam6||Dec 20-22||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bantam7||Dec 20-22||4 team email@example.com|
|Midget1||Dec 13-15||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Midget2||Dec 20-22||4 team email@example.com|
|Midget3||Dec 13-15||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Midget4||Dec 21-22||4 team email@example.com|
|Midget5||Dec 20-22||4 team firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Midget6||Dec 13-15||4 team email@example.com|
TOURNAMENT RULES & FORMAT 2019-20 SEASON
A three minute warm up will be available prior to each game start. Please ensure your team is ready and able to take advantage of this time.
Duration of the Game: (eliminate all that do not apply)
All games will be 3 periods – 18 minutes each, running time; or
- 60 minute permit - 12, 15 and 15 minutes, stop time;
- 75 minute permit – 15, 15 and 15 minutes, stop time;
- 90 minute permit – 15, 15 and 20 minutes, stop time;
- 105 minute permit – 15, 20 and 20 minutes, stop time;
- 2 hour permit or greater – 20, 20 and 20 minutes, stop time.
(***Please select according to your allocated ice times.***)
According to Hockey Calgary rules and regulations, when the time of a game reaches five (5) minutes remaining on the permit, at the first stoppage of play, the clock will be reset to two (2) minutes and remainder of the game will be completed with stop time.
All A.A.H.A. rules will be in effect during tournament play.
Point System in round robin play:
The tournament will consist of three round robin games. Points will be awarded as follows:
- 2 points for a WIN;
- 1 point for a TIE; and
- 0 points for a LOSS.
Tie games will be permitted during round-robin play and will not be broken. The two teams with the most points at the end of round robin play will be in the Championship Final. The other two teams will compete in the Consolation Final.
Tie Breakers after Round-Robin Play is completed:
(a) - Tie in standings between two teams after round robin play:
Ties in the standings after round-robin play for all tournaments will be broken as follows:
- The winner of the game between the two tied teams;
- If that game ended in a tie or the two tied teams did not play one another, the team with the better record of goals for and against (goals for divided by goals against – highest fraction wins, note: a maximum six-goal differential in any on game will apply); or
- If again there is a tie, the team that scored the first goal in a game between the two tied teams; or
- If still a tie, the team with the fewest penalty minutes assessed overall; or
- If all else fails, a coin toss.
(b) - Tie in standings between three or more teams after round robin play:
In the event of a tie in the standings between three or more teams, standing will be determined in the indicated order:
- The best records of goals for and against as per (ii) above, or
- If a tie still exists, then the team with the fewest penalty minutes assessed in round robin play; or
- If all else fails, the tie will be broken by a coin toss.
***If a three or more team tie is extinguished to the point of a two-team tie, revert then to the list of tie breakers as set out in part (a) above.***
Tie Games in Championship and Consolation Finals:
If a Consolation Final or Championship Final Game is tied at the end of regulation time, a "NHL-style" shoot-out will be held to break the tie. Each team will select three (3) players to take shots on the opposing goalie. Players from each team will alternate. Each shot will begin with the puck at center ice and the player will start his shot at the sound of the referee's whistle. In the event that the game is still tied after the first initial three players from each team have taken their shots, teams will continue to alternate players to take a shot on a "sudden-death" basis until the tie has been broken. No player may be selected to be a shooter a second time until all players have had an opportunity to shoot once.
Any player who receives a misconduct penalty in the last ten (10) minutes of a game will be required to sit out the next game. In all other cases, MHAC rules apply.
Player amateur cards or “team sheets” are required, and must be on hand if challenged by any team. Only registered and approved affiliates for your team may be used. Only those players included in the Springbank Classic Tournament Registration will be eligible to play in this tournament.
Other Rules and Information:
Teams shall arrive 45 minutes prior to the start of the game. Team line-ups must be ready and verified by each team 20 minutes prior to the game.
Players must take their equipment directly from the dressing room to their vehicles and not leave it in the arena foyer. SMHA and SPFAS will not be responsible for any lost or stolen equipment.
The Tournament Committee, consisting of three members of the host team, will review any disorderly conduct by players or coaches on or off the ice.
The Tournament Committee will hand down penalties for such actions.
There will be at least two (2) certified A.A.H.A. referees on the ice for each game. Cafeteria facilities will be available during all games.
Thank you for participating in the Springbank Hockey Tournament and we wish your team the best of luck!
32224A Springbank Road,
Calgary, Alberta T3Z 2L9