SMHA Bylaws and AGM information
Notice to the Membership 2023 AGM
The 2023 Annual General Meeting of Springbank Minor Hockey Association (the “Association”) is to be held in the Springbank Ice Breaker Lounge at Springbank Park for All Seasons on Thursday, May 25, 2023, at 7:00 p.m.
Hockey Canada PLAYER INSURANCE
Hockey Canada has a National Insurance Program - the outline for this program can be found on their website click here
- a Hockey Canada Injury Report (Alberta) must be submitted within 90 days of the date of the accident (link below)
- It is the responsibility of the injured party (player Parent or Guardian) to fill this form out and submit it via the instructions at the bottom of the form.
- this report must be sent directly to Hockey Alberta - NOTE Springbank Minor Hockey nor Hockey Calgary can process or accept this report.
- At NO TIME shall a Manager or Coach handle this form for processing. It is the sole responsibility of the injured party.
- SMHA only asks that a player has a letter from a doctor clearing them for "return to play" - this letter is NOT to be kept by the Manager or Coach, it only needs to be presented at the time of return
SMHA Code of Conduct
SMHA Core Values
We will show RESPECT to our opponents, teammates, coaches, parents, and officials. We will be ACCOUNTABLE to one another and represent ourselves with INTEGRITY on and off the ice. Our CHARACTER will be what sets us apart from the competition and help pull us through the tough times. We will play with HONOUR, as playing this game is a privilege. We will be the HARDEST WORKING team in the league and prove that we are the team to beat!
WE ARE THE SPRINGBANK ROCKIES
revised - Sept 27, 2023
SMHA believes in, promotes, is guided by, and has built a culture around our Codes of Conduct and we require that all members read, accept, and conduct themselves in accordance with these codes. Behavior contrary to these codes will be dealt with seriously and suspensions from hockey may be imposed.
NEW - 2023-2024
Springbank referee assigning is now managed by Central Region.
Assigning will be quadrant based and will be completed by four quadrant-based assignors.
There will no longer be a Springbank Referee Coordinator and SMHA will not be hosting in-house re-certification clinics
For inquiries and further information please reach out to
Central Region home page (found on the Hockey Alberta website)
32224A Springbank Road,
Calgary, Alberta T3Z 2L9