Registration will open in July 2021
REGISTRATION INFORMATION & FEES
AGE RANGE OF PLAYERS
Players must be between the ages of 5 – 20 years of age as of December 31, 2021
HOW TO REGISTER FOR HOCKEY
The whole process could take roughly 20 minutes, so please allow yourself enough time to read, understand, and complete all of the steps in this process as they are all important for the successful completion of your registration.
- All Registrations for camps, Community Mainstream as well as House League will be completed on-line through the TeamSnap registration portal.
On-line registration will#registration-information-fees accept both VISA and MasterCard as the preferred method of payment.
**** Important *** you will be required to provide your Hockey Canada ID.
If you are an existing SMHA Community hockey player and have your Hockey Canada ID, please click the appropriate registration buttons below:
Please review Hockey Calgary "What stream is right for me" if you are unsure which program to register for.
For “My Child is New to Hockey” or “Transferring to SMHA” please follow the steps outlined below:
STEP 1 (PARENT) Mandatory Hockey Alberta Respect in Sport Program
This program is mandated by Hockey Alberta and all players in Alberta must be connected to a Respect in Sport Certificate before you can register and get access to the Registration system.
- If this is the first time you have registered for a Hockey Program in Alberta: This one hour, online program must be completed by at least 1 parent or guardian of the player. A separate fee is charged ($12.00 + gst). Register your child according to the name on his/her Birth Certificate. Please choose “Springbank” as your organization. For detailed instructions and more information about this program, please click here.
Click this link Hockey Alberta Respect in Sport Program to go directly to their website.
- If the new player has a sibling in the system: you do NOT have to repeat the course, but you DO have to log into the Hockey Alberta Respect in Sport Program and add the new child to your profile.
Click here to see steps to link a child to your profile.
- If you have taken a Respect in Sport Parent course for another sport: you may not have to take the course again (unless you took it prior to 2015/16 and then you will have to re-certify). Log into the Hockey Alberta Respect in Sport Program, click on “Already certified? Import your certificate” and follow the instructions.
Please ensure your Respect in Sport Parent Certification has not expired. It is valid for 4 years from date of certification. SMHA does not have access to this number. If you have already completed the program you can obtain your Certificate # by logging into the Hockey Alberta Respect in Sport Program.
STEP 2 (PARENT) Proof of Player Age and Residency
E-mail the SMHA Registrar at email@example.com with the following information:
- Subject Line should read: New SMHA Hockey Registration – Child’s name
- Proof of age: Scanned copy or clear digital photo of the player’s Birth Certificate or Passport.
- Proof of Residency: Please provide a scanned copy or clear digital photo of two CURRENT proof of residency with your name and address
(PLEASE NOTE: a driver’s license, cellular phone bill or property tax bill will NOT be accepted as proof of residence):
- Recent Utility Bill – please make sure it reflects both the mailing and service address
- Current GST statement or Income Tax Assessment
- Homeowner or Rental Insurance Statement
- If moving prior to the start of the season, a signed purchase/rental agreement with possession date or a signed builder agreement with possession date.
- Proof of Respect in Sport - Parent: Copy of Respect in Sport Certificate or Respect in Sport Certificate Number.
- Parent Declaration Form: Please Click Here for the fillable Hockey Calgary Parent Declaration Form.
PLEASE NOTE for all transferring members - TWO Proofs of Residence are required to accompany the Parent Declaration form. Transfers may take over a week to process through the Hockey Canada Registry System. It is advised that transfer requests are done well in advance of fee increase dates in order to provide sufficient time for the transfer process to be completed.
STEP 3 (PARENT)
Upon review of your child’s profile/completed transfer, SMHA will contact you to advise that you may proceed with registration. Complete on-line registration with SMHA by pressing the appropriate registration button above.
FEE MATRIX FOR 2020-21 SEASON
|Base Fee||Aug 15th
SMHA PLAYER PLACEMENT PROGRAM - 2021 Dates TBD
- Dates to be determined, PPP should occur after September Long weekend
PREP CAMPS - 2021
MANDATORY BANTAM CHECKING CLINIC
- Held prior to the Bantam Player Placement
- This clinic is a mandatory non-refundable fee for all 2008-born players entering Bantam.
- These are required regardless of other programs you have taken that offered checking or you designated non-body contact.
- The only position exempt are goalies
- The only return offered is for those who are successful in NWCAA tryouts
- All registrants will be contacted by the Age Group Coordinator with your times for a mid-September date
NORTH WEST CALGARY ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION, NWCAA TRYOUTS (QUADRANT/ELITE STREAM)
U13, U15 & U18 Players that are trying out for the AA/AAA NWCAA teams must follow the below steps:
Step one: Register with North West Calgary Athletic Association https://www.nwcaa.ca/registration/
Step Two: Register with Springbank Minor Hockey
Choose “Trying out for NWCAA(Quadrants)” your fees will be held for your tryout period with NWCAA.
Please note: Players who are trying out for the NWCAA (Quadrant/Elite Stream) are required to register with Springbank Hockey (Community) as well.
- This is important as these age groups are subject to capping by our Association due to player/goalie spots availability. It is wise to have your Elite player’s spot held for them.
- Springbank understands you are required to pay upfront for your Elite stream tryout and will collect your Springbank fees if you return to the community.
- You must register prior to Fee increases (refer to fee table) as you will have to pay the increase difference and that fee is Non-refundable (refer to our Refund Policy on our website)
Be sure to keep the Springbank Operations administrator up to date on your player's progress and good luck!
There are options for families who meet the income requirements.
Flames Even Strength Program
- Provides assistance to families with up to a maximum dollar value per registered player in minor hockey.
- Click here for the Flames Even Strength Program
Boundaries & Residency Requirements
SMHA ROCKIES HOCKEY ASSOCIATION BOUNDARIES
Players must hold permanent residency with one or more parents or legal guardians in one of the following communities:
- Springbank - Rocky View County (including Elbow Valley)
- Cougar Ridge
- West Springs (including Wentworth)
- Redwood Meadows and Bragg Creek.
- Tsuu T'ina Nation
PROOF OF RESIDENCY
Proof of residency can be asked for at any time.
Document that will be accepted will be a current utility bill in your name, homeowner documents or tenant agreements (Please note that a Property Tax bill will not be accepted as Proof of Residence.
For all registrations, addresses must be a street address or legal description with post office box and not just a box number or work address. If you are unsure whether you reside within the boundaries please click here to look at a map of the SMHA area (be aware that the map will come up in a separate window). It is the responsibility of the registrant to ensure they are within these boundaries. If you have any questions, please contact the registrar of SMHA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE: FOR ALL NEW RESIDENTS OF SPRINGBANK
Hockey Calgary requires all NEW SMHA Registrants to complete a Parent Declaration Form along with proof of residency, including a valid driver’s license, recent utility bills, to verify the address on the registration. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FORM
The penalty for falsification of this information will be very severe. If it is proven a member has falsified this information, and lives outside the boundaries of SMHA, they will be immediately suspended from SMHA and will forfeit any outstanding registration fee. In addition, Hockey Calgary may suspend the player from all hockey Associations in the City of Calgary and could suspend the Springbank team, its coach, and even SMHA.
Boundary Map (Click for Larger view)
West Calgary Hockey League (WCHL) Information
U9, U11, U13 HOUSE LEAGUE 2021-22 SEASON
IMPORTANT: Registration for WCHL will open July 2021. The West Calgary House League is a part of Hockey Calgary’s Flames Community House League program and is composed of members from the South West quadrant encompassing the boundaries of Trails West Hockey Association, Glenlake Minor Hockey Club and Springbank Minor Hockey Association. Members who register for the West Calgary House League are governed by the Flames Community House League Operations Guide and the WCHL structure and procedures, including arena locations, as set forth below.
Questions about West Calgary House League, please contact: email@example.com
32224A Springbank Road,
Calgary, Alberta T3Z 2L9