For those who were in attendance at the Hockey Calgary AGM last night, thank you for joining us in these unprecedented times.
As discussed registration is opening on July 1 and it is now time to make a statement to the hockey community that we will prepare to open under the guidelines of ‘Phase 2 of the Alberta Government’ relaunch plan. Things could change in a good way or a negative way, but we will move forward with a plan under the current conditions and recommendations.
Attached you will find the information I presented last night. It is not final but gives our members a topline view of what to expect. There will be more updates and discussions.
This information sheet notes the following:
- Registration opens on July 1
- Hockey on an hourly basis may not be as expensive as people perceive
- There is financial assistance
- There is equipment assistance
- There are different streams of hockey to play in
- We have a ‘Draft Plan’ of how we will operate. (this may be subject to change as the situation evolves)
- Hockey Calgary is committed to offering a program this year with fun, development, some form of tiering, and modified gameplay
I thank you in advance for your support and commitment, we are in difficult times, and we will do our best to operate a program that meets the needs of the players!!
We will drop the puck again!!!