Registration for the 2019-2020 Hockey Season opens June 1st for SMHA Community Hockey (House League registration will open at a later time). Players registered with SMHA in 2019/20 season should have received a detailed email with information on registration. Below is a summary of information:
Registration this year will be processed through TeamSnap and should be simple and take about 20 minutes, however there are a few new things to keep in mind.
- You CANNOT register without your Hockey Canada ID.
- Participants age group is required, Note – Timbits is referred to as Initiation
- You will need to acknowledge SMHA and Hockey Calgary waivers, policies and consent forms.
- Conditioning Camps are being offered as additional programs during registration (Novice to Midget)
- Bantam body checking camps – mandatory for 2006 born players entering bantam.
- Players trying out for Elite Stream (Quadrant/NWCAA) are required to register with SMHA as well
- Installment payments are now available as a payment option
- West Calgary House League has amalgamated SMHA with other associations for this season and due to boundary review, registration for House League has been delayed
- A valid Respect in Sport Parent certificate is required for registration every year. These expire every four years, make sure yours is up to date.
- For more information, please refer to our Registration Page
Have a great summer and see you in the Fall!